Nephrologist is a doctor that diagnoses, treats and prevents the urinary system diseases. Nephrological diseases develop slowly, without expressed symptomatology, that is why timely visiting a nephrologist will help to detect a disease at an early stage and prevent its development.
You can use the help of highly qualified specialists that perfectly manage the most difficult diseases of kidneys and urinary tracts.
With what symptoms one should appeal to a nephrologist?
Kidneys perform an important function – they are responsible for the excretion of metabolism products, toxins and other harmful connections. If there are some failures in their functioning, it affects the vital functions of the whole body. But very often kidneys and urinary system diseases proceed without the brightly expressed symptoms, but at certain moment the disease sharply progresses and causes the development of severe complications.
One should make an appointment with the nephrologist at appearance of the following symptoms:
- Unilateral or bilateral back pain;
- Urination disorder. It can be anuria (when urination ceases completely), oliguria (urination occurs very rarely), polyuria (urination volume increases),
- Hematuria (blood in urine).
- Proteinuria (albumen in urine).
- Change of urine color or odor.
- Pain at urination.
- Temperature rise without visible reasons (for example, signs of a cold-related disease).
- Expressed swelling of legs and face.
At some symptoms the regular supervision of nephrologist is needed. Do not put off a visit to the nephrologist, if chronic kidney disease, arterial hypertension, infections of the urinary system were detected.
Conditions that require urgent consultation of the nephrologist:
- Sharp lumbar pain of an unknown origin.
- Urogenital system is injured.
- Acute urinary retention.
Experienced specialists of our Center will carefully study your symptoms, conduct necessary diagnostics and appoint appropriate treatment at any disease of kidneys or urinary system.
Nephrologists of our Center provide services on treatment of a wide range of nephrological diseases. Necessary rehabilitation measures contributing to the successful result of treatment are conducted in the clinic.
It is possible to perform all types of laboratory investigations and apply modern methods of instrumental diagnostics in the Center. It allows to diagnose violations in kidneys functioning at an early stage of the disease development and undertake necessary measures.
High qualification of specialists and the newest equipment guarantee high quality of such investigations as excretory urography, US of kidneys and urinary bladder. Due to the exactness of investigations, it is possible to estimate the risk of kidney insufficiency development and make all possible to prevent its progress.
How does the visit to a nephrologist pass?
During visiting a nephrologist, the doctor finds out symptoms of the disease. Nephrologist clarifies the details of life style, asks appropriate questions for the detection of the inherited predisposition to the diseases of buds and urinary system, conducts examination of a patient. The specialist assigns necessary investigations to get the complete aspect of the disease,
Observance of some rules the day before visiting the nephrologist will allow to be ready to the examination, and help the doctor to set a diagnose quicker.
As far as possible, before a visit to the doctor do not drink a lot of liquid, exclude using medications (or during the visit inform the doctor about what medicine you take). Give up using alcohol and smoking.
What diseases does nephrologist treat?
Nephrologist treats the following diseases:
- Pyelonephritis (inflammatory infection, damaging the kidneys parenchyma and pelvicalyceal system).
- Glomerulonephritis (glomerular affection at the immune level).
- Urinary tract Infection.
- Lardaceous kidney (metabolic disturbance in kidneys, that causes the formation of amyloid).
- Hypertensive disease in combination with kidney pathology.
- Metabolic and diabetic nephropathy.
- Drug-induced renal injury (decreased kidney function associated with certain drugs administration).
- Chronic renal insufficiency.
Diagnostics of kidney and urinary system pathology.
In order to get a successful treatment of kidney diseases, it is necessary to conduct exact diagnostics.
A nephrologist uses laboratory investigation methods allowing to define the quantity of necessary substances – phosphate, creatinine, urea, electrolytes in blood, clarify ESR and presence of inflammation.
Additionally the following instrumental investigation methods of research can be assigned:
- Angiography (X-Ray kidney imaging).
- US of kidneys and urinary bladder.
- Computer tomography of kidneys.
- MRI of kidneys.
Timely diagnostics allows to appoint correct treatment and prevent serious complications of kidney disease.
How to make an appointment with the nephrologist
Make an appointment with the nephrologist by completing the on-line-form on the web-site or by calling umber +7 7172 57 78 23.