Ophthalmologist (oculist) is a specialist that diagnoses and treats different diseases of eyes and optic nerve. Higher category ophthalmologists conduct consultation in the Center.
We get 90% of information through visual analyzer — eyes.
In what cases you should appeal to the ophthalmologist
Inflammatory and chronic diseases of eyes, home accidents, decrement in visual acuity require an immediate appeal to the ophthalmologist (oculist).
it is necessary to appeal to this specialist in the following cases:
- you notice reduction in your vision;
- strange pain sense appeared in the area of eyes (eyeballs);
- constant tears and purulent discharge disturb you;
- suddenly you began to unclearly see objects nearby or far away;
- bright light or sunshine causes discomfort;
- you are disturbed by “eye floaters”, rainbow vision, color spots;
- unusual pain appeared in the area of forehead and temples;
- you had an eye trauma;
- feeling of a foreign body in your eye;
- eyelids turned red, swollen, inflamed and hurt;
- you feel discomfort during wearing your own glasses;
- you plan maternity or you are pregnant.
If there is no complaints, it is recommended to regularly undergo prophylactic examination at an ophthalmologist.
People after 40 years old, are needed to have a consultation of an ophthalmologist once a year for exclusion of cataract and glaucoma. Constant control of sight is necessary for those, who suffer from diabetes mellitus.
In addition, vision diagnostics is necessary for those, who decided to use contact lenses.
Do not put off the visit to a doctor, if you notice some symptoms of vision disorders. Often eyes diseases develop swiftly and can result in serious consequences, sight can be lost, and then it is difficult (and sometimes impossible) to recover it.
A wide range of ophthalmology services is provided in the Center.
For diagnostics of diseases of organs of sight we use a modern high-fidelity equipment. Through the unfolded computer diagnostics of sight, results of examination and analyses we will pick up glasses and lenses for you.
Also in our clinic you can get the following services:
- visual acuity test;
- fundus state investigation – ophthalmoscopy;
- determination of visual fields;
- selection of individual schedule for eyes treatment;
- refraction test;
- measuring intraocular pressure and full-scale glaucoma diagnostics;
- detection of vision disorders, having neurological origin;
- detection of computer allergy and selection of the treatment tactics;
- performance of small surgeries;
- examination of the fundus in pregnant women;
The specialists of higher qualification, authors of individual methodologies and techniques work in our Center, they will help to find the reason of vision disorder and will choose an individual treatment schedule.
How does the visit to ophthalmologist pass?
To the appointment with the ophthalmologist (oculist) people usually come with complaints on the loss of visual acuity, eyes injuries and in some other cases.
The doctor will listen to a patient attentively, ask additional questions and perform necessary investigation. Ophthalmologist checks the visual acuity and examines the fundus, if necessary, measures intraocular pressure.
The ophthalmologist can assign additional researches or consultation of other specialists (neurologist, internist, endocrinologist).
It is sometimes enough to prescribe glasses (or lenses), in order to solve a problem. In other cases medical preparations can be assigned. Someone needs a surgery.
Every patient of our clinic is ensured to have an ophthalmologist’s consultation, who will carefully treat your problems.
What diseases does ophthalmologist treat?
Ophthalmologists (oculists) of the Center successfully treat to following eyes diseases and problems:
- cataract, glaucoma and other pathologies;
- visual nerve and retina diseases;
- inflammatory eyes diseases;
- infectious and viral diseases;
- allergic reaction;
Depending on the disease severity, conservative, physiotherapeutic or surgical treatment is assigned to the patient.
Diagnostics of ophthalmology diseases
The Ophthalmology Department of the Center has all the things needed for performing complex ophthalmology examination, allowing to detect the disease reason and give the exact estimation of the patient’s state.
For an efficient treatment, we conduct the following types of diagnostics:
- tonometry (ocular pressure measuring);
- perimetry (quality estimation of light sensitivity);
- visometry (determination of visual acuity);
- autorefractometry (diagnostics of the cornea);
- ophthalmoscopy (detection of retina diseases);
- Ultrasound investigation (diagnostics of various eyes diseases).
For confirmation of some pathologies and diseases it is necessary to have analyses that can be done in our laboratory.
What treatment methods are used?
We offer various treatment methods that will accelerate your recovery and prevent the development of complications.
Therapeutic treatment includes:
- local treatment (using drops, creams);
- common treatment (administration of drugs in tablets, intravenous and intramuscular injections).
- using of physiotherapy methods.
The conservative treatment of the visual system course is selected individually, taking into account the organism peculiarities, degree of sight loss and other nuances.
Patients can pass treatment in outpatient clinic of the Center.
We conduct surgical treatment, supposing performance of small surgeries under guidance of a highly sensitive microscope. We also perform surgeries on removal of papilloma, stye and other new formations on eyelids.
We use quality foreign equipment for ophthalmosurgery.
Laser equipment applied in the Center allows to successfully treat various eyes diseases.
Laser treatment of eyes provides an opportunity to exactly and painlessly affect a certain zone. Using laser equipment we perform treatment of the following diseases:
- Treatment of glaucoma;
- Laser interference at a secondary cataract;
- Diabetic retinopathy and retinal veins thromboses;
- Peripheral degeneracy and retinal tear.
We perform non-surgical vision corrections at different degrees of astigmatism, farsightedness and nearsightedness. We use magnetic and ultrasonic treatment of visual organs. It is possible to combine different methods for the achievement of the best result.
How to make an appointment with the ophthalmologist?
You can make an appointment with the ophthalmologist be completing the on-line-form on the web-site or by calling number: +7 7172 57 78 23.