Endocrinologist is a physician that diagnoses and treats endocrine system diseases. Highly qualified specialists with great practical experience, successfully solving any problems related to endocrine diseases receive patients in the Center. We put together an excellent team of professionals, experience of which is currently adopted by both many Russian and foreign colleagues.
With what symptoms one should appeal to endocrinologist
- constant thirst, dry mouth;
- sharp weight fluctuations, excess weight or its shortage;
- frequent desire to urinate;
- sense of discomfort in a neck, expansion of the neck front part, difficulties at breathing and swallowing;
- swelling, eye dryness, tearing;
- rapid fatiguability, performance decrement, general uneasiness, sleepiness, memory impairment, frequent headaches;
- trembling in fingers and extremities without apparent cause, pain in hand joints and muscles, backbone;
- irregular menstrual cycle, amenorrhea, problems with impregnation, spontaneous miscarriage;
- arrhythmia, excessive anxiety, groundless fear;
- sharp decrement in visual acuity;
- skin itch without eruption;
- problems with appetite, frequent constipation;
- excessive sweating;
- loss of hair or vice versa, their intensive growth.
In addition, it is necessary to appeal to endocrinologist, if you are in a high-risk group. This group include people relatives of which suffer from diabetes mellitus, thyroid disorders, stroke or infarction. Besides, consultation of endocrinologist is necessary if you plan maternity.
People 40 plus, as well as patients with excessive body weight, regardless of their age are recommended to pass annual regular examinations of endocrinologist and take sugar blood test.
How does the visit to endocrinologist pass?
Consultation of endocrinologist is a great opportunity to know more the reasons of endocrine pathologies development and methods of their prophylaxis.
The visit to endocrinologist is not much differs from a classic visit to a therapist and includes:
- physical examination, height and weight measurement;
- history taking;
- studying the results of investigations;
- development of individual treatment program;
- selection of health-improving program.
You will get the detailed explanations on the diagnosis set and the treatment assigned. Based on the results of examination, requiring payment endocrinologist can assign additional investigations. Also a doctor will give recommendations, relating normalization of feed and change of the lifestyle, and will choose an individual curative diet. Endocrinologist’s office is equipped with all necessary materials for express-diagnostics for identification of blood sugar amount, microalbuminuria and presence of urine ketones.
What illnesses does endocrinologist treat?
- thyroadenitis, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, toxic, endemic and nodular goiter;
- hyperprolactinemia, Cushing disease, diabetes insipidus;
- diabetes mellitus, diabetic foot infections;
- acromegaly (excess growth hormone);
- paranephric insufficiency;
- chronic fatigue syndrome;
- erectile disfunction;
- sterility (female and male);
- lactic acidosis;
- premenstrual syndrome, amenorrhea, Stein-Leventhal syndrome, etc.
The most widespread endocrine diseases are diabetes mellitus and obesity.
What diagnostics is conducted?
In addition, a specialist uses the following laboratory-instrumental diagnosis methods:
- endocrine profile investigation;
- Thyroid gland ultrasound investigation, CT, MRI;
- Blood sugar test;
- Parathyroid Scintigraphy;
- blood test for glycated hemoglobin;
- glucose tolerance test;
- biochemical blood assay with complete lipid panel.
Endocrinologist of our Center on the basis of the conducted diagnostics complex will establish the only one correct diagnosis, assign competent treatment, control the therapy dynamics and the result of its efficiency.
Appointment to the endocrinologist
You can make an appointment with endocrinologist by competing the online form on the website or by calling number +7 7172 57 78 23.