Surgeon is a physician, specializing in diagnostics and treatment of pathologies requiring operative intervention. Surgery — is one of multifaceted and very complicated fields of medicine, dividing on a great number of separate specializations.
Surgery — it is not always an operation!
With what symptoms one should appeal to a surgeon?
- Sudden stomach or chest pain continuing for half of an hour;
- any open wounds and cuts;
- sudden shortness of breath and persistent feeling of air shortage;
- different traumas of chest, head, stomach, even if they seem not dangerous;
- appearance of slight swelling, pain, redness in the area of joints;
- sense of cold in lower limbs (at diabetes mellitus and atherosclerosis);
- pains, redness and swelling of any localization..
How does consultation of surgeon pass?
Initial consultation of a surgeon does not require any additional preparation.
Consultation of the surgeon includes:
- history taking;
- physical examination;
- studying the results of investigations;
- determination of the necessary surgical intervention volume.
You will get the most detailed explanations on the diagnosis and clear instructions on the treatment assigned. In addition, basing on the results of examination, the surgeon can assign an additional investigation and consultations of related specialists.
What illnesses does the surgeon treat?
The list of diseases that require operative intervention is very great. The competence of a surgeon includes the treatment of a range of diseases and pathologies, related to development of pyoinflammatory processes, new formations, violations of the cutaneous covering, soft fabrics and bones integrity:
- hernia, appendicitis;
- all types of bone cracks and breaks;
- benign neoplasms – lipoma, cyst, myoma, fibroma, etc.;
- malignant tumors;
- brain and backbone injury;
- microtrauma, closed wound, sprain and dislocation;
- gallstone disease;
- atherosclerosis, phlebeurysm;
- ulcers, gangrenes, phlegmons, abscesses, furuncles and other pyoinflammatory changes;
- intestinal obstruction;
- stomach and duodenum ulcer;
- agenesis and congenital defects of internal organs;
- sepsis, peritonitis, atrophy;
- nonhealing wounds, etc.
Urgent and planned operative interventions in case of any danger to human health and life are performed in our Center.
What diagnostics is conducted?
During diagnosing surgical pathologies the specialists of the Center use a wide range of laboratory and instrumental investigation methods, such as:
- X-Ray study;
- Ultrasound investigation, CT and MRI;
- endoscopic investigations — arthroscopy, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, proctoscopy, hysteroscopy, colposcopy.
In addition, traditional and specific laboratory investigations are also vital. In particular, the surgeon can need the results of such analyses as:
- Complete blood count and clinical urinalysis;
- determination of blood group and rhesus factor;
Availability of expert class diagnostic equipment gives an opportunity to operatively conduct a complex examination allowing to establish the only one correct diagnosis and assign a correct chart of operative treatment.
Appointment to the surgeon
You can make an appointment with the surgeon by completing the on-line-form on the web-site or calling number +7 7172 57 78 23.