Pulmonologist is a physician, that studies, diagnoses and treats diseases of lungs and respiratory tracts. In some countries the pulmonology is called «thoracic medicine» or «respiratory medicine».
With what symptoms you should appeal to the pulmonologist
- frequent ARVI (once per a quarter and more often) with complications, bronchitis, pneumonia.
- cough proceeding more than three months;
- discharge of sputum or blood at a cough;
- attacks of oxygen deficiency, up to asphyxia;
- stertorous or stridulous breathing;
- dyspnea at rest;
- pain feelings in a thorax at inhalation or exhalation.
Regular visits to the pulmonologist are necessary if you:
- work at hazardous employment,
- suffer from vasomotor or allergic rhinitis, or heart failure,
Services of the pulmonologist
Pulmonologists of our Center provide services for treatment of a wide range of pulmonology diseases. Necessary rehabilitation measures contributing to the preservation of a successful treatment result are performed in the clinic.
In the Center it is possible to conduct all types of laboratory investigations and use modern methods of instrumental diagnostics. It allows to diagnose disorders in functioning of lungs and respiratory tracts at an early stage of the disease development and to undertake necessary measures.
Due to exactness of investigations, it is possible to estimate the risk of kidney insufficiency development and do all possible to prevent its progression.
How does an appointment to the pulmonologist pass?
During the appointment, a doctor talks to the patient in order to find out the disease symptoms; specifies the details of the lifestyle; sets necessary questions to determine an inherited predisposition to the diseases of lungs and respiratory tracts; conducts physical examination of the patient. To get a complete picture of the disease, the specialist assigns the required investigations.
What diseases does the pulmonologist treat?
- catarrhal diseases (rhinitis, pneumonia, laryngitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, nasopharyngitis, bronchiolitis, tonsillitis);
- bronchial asthma;
- pleuritis, malignant pleuritis;
- bronchitis at a smoker, chronic or acute bronchitis;
- fibrosing alveolitis;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- bronchiectatic disease;
- pulmonary emphysema;
- chronic respiratory failure;
- protracted pneumonias and uncertain etiology fevers.
Diagnostics of lungs and respiratory tracts pathologies:
- X-Ray imaging of lungs;
- Multislice computed tomography (and with contrasting);
- Fiber-optic bronchoscopy (with a brush biopsy and bronchoalveolar lavage);
- Spirometry (pulmonary function computer test);
- Determination of bronchial obstruction reversibility (reversibility testing);
- Fibrogastroduodenoscopy (at asthma, differential diagnostics of chronic cough);
- Ultrasound investigation of pleural cavities;
- Analysis for blood gas composition;
- Investigation which uses allergological test panels;
- Perfusion lung scintigraphy;
- Pulmonary angiography, etc.
How to make an appointments with the pulmonologist
You can make an appointment with the pulmonologist by completing on-line-form on the web-site or calling number +7 7172 57 78 23.